If you are a passionate and innovative Store Manager, we have an excellent opportunity for you to join our Retail Store Teams as a Manager Designate. You will work in an environment driven by passion, innovation and authenticity in the world of Original American Sportswear.
About the team
As part of the Retail Store Teams, you will be responsible for managing the GANT stores as and when they require cover while reflecting the vision and goals associated with GANT UK and the GANT Brand. You will be achieve sales targets and promote excellent customer service. You will report to the Area Manager.
- Achieve targets in sales, payroll, expense and inventory management.
- Ensure consistently high levels of customer service are met and that the brand values are understood and incorporated into all aspects of the store. Act as a role model to reinforce GANT customer service guidelines to store team.
- Observe and conform to all retail policies and procedures as set out in the retail policy and procedures manual.
- Recruit, train and develop the team ensuring individuals have a clear understanding of the GANT goals and objectives.
- Lead and motivate the team.
- Ensure the visual presentation and merchandising of the Store is consistent with Company standards.
- Oversee physical store operations including maintenance to ensure the environment meets health & safety and Company standards.
- Identify objectives and set priorities to meet short and long term goals, delegating responsibilities to the store team where appropriate.
- Ensure store administration is delivered in an accurate and timely manner.
- Communicate with retail operations when appropriate to seek advice or approval in making decisions.
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to use your initiative
- Strong communication skills
- Customer Service Orientation
- Strong planning and organizing skills
- Positive attitude
What we offer
- Taking part in our growing and successful global retail journey.
- Possibilities for growth and development; our credo is “Never stop learning”.
- International colleagues who respect one another, and genuinely get along.
- Be a part of a great diverse team, where you'll never feel bored.
- Generous clothing allowance
- 50% discount including sale items, 25% in outlets
- Life insurance (Death in Service)
- Childcare vouchers
- Holidays 25 days plus Bank Holidays
- An extra day off for your Birthday
- 2 days paid time off for you to do Voluntary work
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced Maternity leave
- Enhanced Paternity leave
- My GANT Rewards Programme, which gives you fantastic savings with cashback and discounts with hundreds of retailers and services
- Individual awards for customer service praise or job well done
- In store promotion prizes
- Annual pay review
- Company paid sick pay
- Further Education Programme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Continuous Learning and Development
- Refer a friend scheme
Missing some of the skills?
Do you not see yourself in all skills listed, but still feel a passion for the role? We believe in people who are interested in flipping the ladder. Please let us know why you would still be a good fit and what transferable skills would be applicable to this role from your past experience.
Please apply with your CV and a cover letter. We are looking for this position to start as soon as possible.
GANT is a lifestyle brand committed to creating a community that lives by and embraces our values of being authentic, where we stay true to our beliefs, respect each other and remain accountable; being innovative, where we hold our heritage close to heart when striving for new ideas; and being passionate, where we live and represent the brand we love while working together toward the same goal.
GANT is the original American lifestyle brand with European sophistication, offering premium clothing, accessories and home furnishings for men, women and kids. Born in 1949 on the campuses of the American East Coast universities and raised in Europe, GANT enjoys a global presence in over 70 markets, 750 stores and 4,000 selected retailers. Please visit gant.com for more information.